星期六, 8月 14, 2004

Dreaming with the Fishes

I haven't mentioned how for the past few weeks, all my dreams consisted of fishes. There was one dream I vividly remember. I was sorta wading through a deep pond and suddenly I felt some sort of danger because it was dark and cloudy. The next thing you know, this water snake comes hurling in from one of the trees and of course, I was petrified! (Grasp your mandrake...) The next thing you know, I was on top of the pond, walking thru a thin filmy layer covering the water, sorta like animal fat on cold soup. Below me were hundreds of fish of different sizes, some dark, some silvery, some eel-like, some as huge as sharks! The weird thing about it is that right below the thin film I was walking on, there were tree branches. I was walking on the branches so that in case the film would break, I wouldn't fall off and be fish fodder.

The other day, I didn't dream about fish, but I dreamt that I was in a house in Baguio with people I'm not familiar with. From the 2nd floor, I saw this man "gearing up," loading guns with ammo getting ready for, yes, a shooting rampage. Naturally I was terrified, but instead of running outside the house, I decided to stay upstairs (while he was blasting away outside) and hide underneath the bed. There was a woman with me, she simply jumped on top of the bed. I was lying face down with my shoulders on the wooden floor. I couldn't hide under the bed because the space was too small (or I was too fat) and soon enough, the killer with guns came in. I knew he was gonna shoot me. There was no reason not to.

The weird thing was, I prayed for my life to be spared. I didn't want to die.

Then he shot me with a pistol. Twice. It hit me on my right side. It didn't hurt but I knew I was bleeding. I pretended to be dead so he won't shoot me again. He walked toward the woman on the bed. Then I woke up.

Today, I dreamt I was with people I don't know. I was in a couch, sandwiched between 2 female friends. They were talking about her new cellfone, how loaded it was with features, and how she got it at a very low price because it was buy 1 take 1 promo or something. I just nodded in agreement (the way I usually am when I have nothing significant to say). The next scene, I was with my elementary classmates and we were lining up to get water. We were given these plastic bottles (absolut) where the top parts were cut off so that you don't actually have a nozzle and it resembled a tall plastic glass than a bottle for water. The water came from a garden hose and we were filling up our glasses and drinking like we were so thirsty. I dunno why. And then each person would sit in his place in the classroom, and I guess lessons would begin. On my turn to get seated, I woke up.

Pretty senseless. Fish, water, branches, film, getting shot, twice, pretending to be dead, classmates ...


God, the fishballs must be getting to my head.

0 Comments:

發佈留言

<< Home