星期六, 7月 31, 2004

Pre-emptive of me

The anniversary dinner was great. We were late and my Dad was a bit pissed off, but it was great nonetheless.

Our college barkada reunion was better. I wasn't late and everyone was in such a terrific mood, spending 5 hours with people j'adore was not enough. We met at Café Provençal instead of Via Maré where my friends were already cozily seated amidst the faux terracotta walls and pseudo-French country ambience. We didn't order yet because the celebrant, Le Madame Transience was not there yet. We exchanged movies during the wait. I gave my Trainspotting dvd and borrowed Comrades, a foreign film I haven't heard of. I returned Dogville and lent One Take Only, a Pang Brothers movie (creator of Thailand's THE EYE). My future lawyer friend lent me her Pi dvd, for which I am extremely grateful.

When the Albuyah arrived, we had already ordered a lot of stuff, ate with pure delight, took countless pictures of each other, exchanged stories, and then waited some more for the other people to come. Unfortunately, two weren't able to make it, and the guest of honor, Ms. Jolens RN, joined us at Dôme café. We walked around the mall to check out Nine West and Naturalizer shoes just to pass the time. In the coffee shop, we met with the future lawyer's s.p. and the celebrant's kwee (his Alfa Romeo too). Our copy editor friend and her lovey-dovey soon-to-be hubby left after maybe an hour of dessert and drinks. We shared stories and boredom till around 8pm and decided to go home.

Countless ideas flooded my head on the trip home. Ideas for my baby short film-to-be were coming in and edited in my brain as if I was sitting in front of an editing machine cutting and pasting stuff already. It was exhilarating. I felt alive once more. I just hope this thing pulls through and I'd be able to tell my non-existent grandchildren that once upon a quarterlife, I was able to make a short film for the sake of making one. And they would say...

.....that'll do grampa, that'll do.


0 Comments:

發佈留言

<< Home