星期一, 7月 26, 2004

dear god

Today was too slow for me.  It was like being stuck in school again and wanting to jump off the wretched building on a rainy day for the sake of a macabre folly.  I decided to go with my Mom to the mall to buy stuff for the house.  We didn't have airconditioning in the crummy car so where I was standing on the sidewalk, I would have imploded and no one wouldn't have been able to distinguish the rain from broken up spleen or kidneys.  
 
In the mall I would read amusing email thru GPRS and interject quasi-hilarity into my anemic existence.  It helps to have funny friends on days like this you'd love to drag the dullest part of a spoon on your skin and hope to spell the word "D-R-Y" like in the Vaseline commercial circa 80's.  At least there would have been an obvious physical manifestation of le état de folie.  
 
The only highlight of the day was when I bought a 2CD compilation of UNDERWORLD's greatest hits for P375.  As usual, the quality of the merchandise was abhorrent.  You would've been better off buying the pirated version in the streets (if there were any).  There were other compilations to die for too.  "BRAZILUTION" contains modern Brazilian lounge-bossanova artists like Zuco, sold at P1550 for 2CDs.  I was looking for the original vcd of Waking Life, an animated feature my friend convinced me to look for in Astrovision or Video City.  Sadly, I found none.
 
Back home I felt ill again after dinner and took a healthy and informed resolution to get off the skag (aka FOOD & carbonated BEVERAGE) and eat moderately when the mind and body are in their "normal" states.  god help ...   
 
 
excerpt from Sarah McLachlan's "Dear God"
 
"I won't believe in heaven and hell.No saints, no sinners, no devil as well.No pearly gates, no thorny crown.You're always letting us humans down.The wars you bring, the babes you drown.Those lost at sea and never found,And it's the same the whole world 'round.The hurt I see helps to compoundThat Father, Son and Holy GhostIs just somebody's unholy hoaxAnd if you're up there you'd perceiveThat my heart's here upon my sleeve.If there's one thing I don't believe in.....It's you.....Dear God."

0 Comments:

發佈留言

<< Home