星期五, 7月 30, 2004

A Grand Reunion of Sorts

My family's going out tonight because it's my parents' 26th anniversary.  My Dad's come all the way to Manila from Baguio and my Mom doesn't know about it.  She thinks me and my sister are just treating her out but the truth is, we're meeting my Dad at President's Restaurant in Ongpin.  Yes, chinese food again, but who am I to complain?  I'll be ordering all the tofu they can serve in prepared dishes!  The only thing I fear now is that my Dad will be grating me about my recent decision to quit the possibility of a lucrative career in *ss-wiping.  He won't be mad that I quit it, he'll be mad because I think to him it seems like I'll be leeching out again instead of earning my own pay and establishing a future for myself.  I really hate explaining,  I really do, especially when I'm not in the mood to be eloquent about myself.  I'd rather we talk about maintaining a marriage for 26 years, or about making ends meet in a foolishly sluggish economy, or about establishing contacts with the rich and famous and make them come to you instead of you going to them, and maybe all other sheight (my new favorite expression!) related to world chagrin or the politics of Imelda preferring to have been struck by a bolo with a yellow ribbon tied on it.  Everything else to be the topic of conversation, besides me and my seeming lack of interest.

Actually, my Dad's somewhere in Ongpin right now waiting for me while my sister and Mom left an hour ago to fetch my younger sister from school, where they'll be going straight to the church and celebrate parental anniversary through the Holy Eucharist.  Don't worry, I'm a quick groom and I'll get to the restaurant just in time.  I love writing like this, "under pressure."

Tomorrow, I'll be meeting up with my wonderful college friends to celebrate the 287th birthday of my close girl friend (and "ex"  hehehehehe *wink*), La Madame Transience in Via Mare, Shangri-La Plaza by popular vote.  Everyone's going! Yipee!  I'll bring my camera because that'll be a celestial event... all my tragically intellectual friends together eating lavish seafood (for free!)

I told you yesterday about my meeting up with my soon-to-be-employed friend and my good director friend in Greenbelt.  Maybe on Sunday I'll be meeting up with my techy/tekkie/tech-ky  friend to celebrate his birthday too. Another one of those people who I admire and am proud to be friends with because he's so atuned with himself.  Regardless of what other people think of him, I think he's great and he's always been there for me.  Happy birthday Julian!

So..... I'll pretty much be meeting up with all the important people in my life (and got to talk on the phone with my practicum employers moments ago to catch up) and I'm feeling quite content.  All I need now is to feel secure with how I'm gonna move on with my life and maybe I'll be all set.  The struggles will surely be there, but at least I know all these people I've come to love are here to support me and to tell me exactly what I need to hear....

 

".....Here lies love...."

   

 

0 Comments:

發佈留言

<< Home