星期五, 8月 06, 2004

Variety of Bodies

No, I did not lose my morals over the past few days. I had not been able to access the computer lately because people had been occupying my room and I don't get my regular share of the space like on non-working holidays. A variety of bodies had been to this convention center and I was in no shape to deal with it. In the meantime, I've been pretty busy modifying my story being constantly wraught by panic for assuming the story would ramble on for more than its alloted time. You see, I'm not really aiming at winning the grand prize (though the money would be a fantastic way to regain everything I've lost to unemployment, that and some I lost to a stupid networking scam) and I'm not even aiming to producing a kick-ass film according to my own set of preposterously rigid standards. No. My first short film would have a particularly simple plot, the least amount of characters as possible, the least amount of venues needed for the shoot if possible, and everything else I can attribute to downsizing on a time of economic crisis. (Yup, I'm awfully sleepy so quit minding the useless metaphors... hehehe)

For this contest, I'm simply aiming to be recognized. If I get into the list of the chosen 10 short films, I'd be pretty content that my first work shall have been deemed "good enough" among the existing ranks of amateur indie Filipino filmmakers. However, if among the 10 films showing in February (I think), I feel that mine is the most streamlined, most understandable, most limpid work (still according to my own set of preposterously rigid standards that is), then I'd be proud of myself for not looking too amateurish or inexperienced on a first try. If I can make my work as professional as possible, maybe some bigshot producer or director or production company would want to hire me under their wing as the hottest thing since KFC Zingers TM.

Then again, I'm jumping WAY AHEAD OF MYSELF. I need sleep (and maybe I also need to stop drinking coffee more than once in a day even if it's instant) because at this moment, I have 2 zits that are almost bilaterally symmetrical, my nose bridge being the prime meridian of my face. It's like, if I can fold my face in half and open it up again to the way it was, like butterfly spots my 2 bilaterally symmetrical zits would look like something from a Rorschach smear. It's hilarious in a way, but still annoying nonetheless.

0 Comments:

發佈留言

<< Home