星期二, 8月 10, 2004

Morning Cup

I couldn't sleep the whole night because I drank 2 cups of strong brewed coffee to keep me awake while I worked on finishing the scriptwriting book I'd been reading for the past week. I felt I had to finish it at once so I can make some notes and start writing my screenplay. I decided to join my sisters who were going to school/office at 7am. It was terrible. My sister was all panicky when the little light on her meter started to blink. We were nearly out of gas on a Monday morning. While most of Manila's probably half-asleep in their jeeps/car/FXs/trains/pedicabs/calesas, my sister was drivin' like a madwoman. She roared and she rampaged amidst traffic in her pussywagon. I kept scolding her for not knowing any better. The fact is, they went to some wagwagan place in Navotas yesterday and she didn't even bother checking her gas. And now, she and my sister were running against time with an empty fuel tank. It's like being in an action movie. Except it wasn't funny. The streets were wet with precipitation and getting into an accident on a flyover passing through Pasig river would've been the most tragic form of death aside from dying in a Siegfried and Roy magic show mishap. Okay lang sana kung beach in Boracay ang lulunuran ko.

She dropped me off at Starbucks Vito Cruz, around 7:30am where I spent the rest of the morning finishing the book amongst half-wits conversing in, like, you know, Kris Aquino accent. I couldn't stand it so I listened to classical music on the radio where they were featuring Franz Schubert on the Master's Touch 98.7. I watched people walk through the streets in the quasi-London weather. Beautiful calming music...Ü

At around 10:15am, I was done with the book, just in time to shop in one of my favorite bootleg cd places ... the University Mall! hehehe I felt I needed to hear new stuff on my old cd player. It has become increasingly difficult for me to find anything suitable in my prescriptive collection, something between acid jazz, lounge and Brazilian, to a bit of house-club rhythm. I was also hoping to find the soundtrack of Dancer In The Dark. Of course, I should've known better, nobody really listens to Bjork except maybe me and my now-employed ABS-CBN audiophile friend. Sadly, the owners of that bootleg place aren't maintaining the store like they used to. Most of the new stuff are pop and compilations of hiphop. I dislike hiphop I really do. Bling-bling! Ya feel me?!

Since I couldn't find 1 album that suited my "needs," I bought several. For that price, I could've crapped out of my low-waist hip-huggin' undy-exposed trousers and I wouldn't have cared if I had to wipe the sheight off with a glazed donut.


Here're the damages:

1. Chemical Brothers 93-03, 2CD - "Star Guitar" is just superb. What I'm looking for in a song Ü
2. Kill Bill Vol. 1 OST - "Run Fay Run" by Isaac Hayes est tres fabuleux.
3. Erykah Badu's Worlwide Underground
4. Joss Stone's The Soul Sessions - Recommended by friends. Ok naman.
5. Chillout Classical, 2CD - residue from my morning coffee trippin'
6. Chicane's Easy to Assemble - sorry substitute for Moony. Out of stock. Sheight...
7. Bar Grooves Al Fresco, 2CD - Great for Saturday party nights, or for narcoleptic Monday afternoons
8. Miguel Migs Colorful You and Nude Tempo Vol1 - Nice house music for our stagnating household
9. Viva Jazzanova - kewl latin jazz in the original Brazilian style
10. Saint German's Des Pres Cafe 4 - Fantastic lounge for coffee evenings

Now I realize how much I spent.... sheeeesh it's depressing..... I'll go listen to a cd and make myself feel better Ü


My mourning cup runneth over....

0 Comments:

發佈留言

<< Home