星期日, 8月 22, 2004

Dimensions

Today's a mixture of bittersweet emotions. On one hand, it was my cousin's 35th birthday and most my cousins were here. One word ... CORNUCOPIA! I had to trigger my gag reflex after 2 meals just to barf and not get fat. Tee hee

On the other, we learned, hard it was to accept, that our 97 year old grandmother's already showing signs of acute dimentia. It's not so funny as when you hear senility in jokes. When it's your loved one on the line (and how we all LOVE our grandmother!) it's a totally different story.

She hasn't been eating much and is no longer able to differentiate day from night. Her body clock's ticking at the wrong intervals and her memory's a little bit incoherent. It's an inevitable reality for the elders. My cousin says it'll get worse, she won't be able to identify each one of us as before. It's really sad and it makes you take on another view of your life and all your priorities in general. Suddenly, I'm spending more time with her than the past few days. I feel guilty somehow.

1 Comments:

At 2004年8月23日 下午5:14:00 [GMT+8], Blogger {illyria} said...

hope your grandmother feels better soon.

 

發佈留言

<< Home