星期六, 9月 11, 2004

Infantile

"If living is seeing
I'm holding my breath
In wonder, I wonder
What happens next
A new world
A new day to see"

-- A New World by Bjork


It used to be cute, what people called me. I often thought it meant I looked younger than 16 and that wasn't such a bad thing. But as you grow older physically, though the heart remains a child, the mind finds the juvenile appeal more absurd than novel. In fact, at this moment, I'm downright resentful of that label. I want a change. A drastic change. And I want it soon.

Not that I'm not willing to work for it. I am. And with everything good that has been happening to me ever since I've sobered up from quitting a lucrative career in *ss-wiping, I feel that even if everything's still uncertain, in some cosmically impalpable way, I'm being tuned up towards a new world order. A new world OF order, i meant to say.

If Dan Brown was stating a mathematical fact with the number PHI as the key to universal proportionality, maybe I am about 1.618 units closer to enthalpy. Enough with Pi and the consequences of going around in circles. I mean, Da Vinci certainly made something of himself.


The question now, would it be in the PHIlippines or in PIlipinas?


0 Comments:

發佈留言

<< Home