星期三, 9月 08, 2004

In the Mood for Movies

POTANGINAH!!!! I found the one and only copy of Wong Kar Wai's In the Mood for Love dvd that has deleted scenes!!! I'm so fucking delirious in movie heaven right now and I can't believe I'm wasting my time typing this blog down when I could be in front of the tv set with my earphones, ponderously watching those scenes and finally linking the broken pieces together. Of course, I owe it to my "fans" who read me up during their free time, the knowledge of this important bootleg discovery.

I mentioned the other night how I'd be writing on Prescriptive Pile 3 & 4, but I'm just too darn lazy for that now. One thing I discovered in Quiapo is that the place is about to explode. It's not just the building that's overflowing with converts and Muslim smokers, the area has been invaded steadily in the many months since a major raid was last executed. The streets litter with pirated movies and audio cds, vcds and vendors selling barbecue. It's arguably a virtual paradise for movie enthusiasts, the penny-pinching proletariat, and the people who get to earn from all the illegal hoopla including cops and robbers.

After the "artistic" rush (and 4 hours of semi-salivating later), I decided to walk my way home, not because I didn't have money left, but because again, I chose an alternative form of exercise besides the gastronomic/hibernative varieties. It took me 25 minutes of fast-paced ambulation to get home. I was exhausted and my underwear was totally riding my butt crack.

For that one dvd though, it's all worth it.

1 Comments:

At 2004年9月8日 上午9:01:00 [GMT+8], Blogger {illyria} said...

what a BUM deal! wahahahahaha!

 

發佈留言

<< Home