星期二, 9月 07, 2004

Queer Invasion

Last Sunday I visited my good friend ABS, at long last after a string of invitations from him that I cancelled because of my lazy self in the mornings. We were supposed to meet Saturday, but he was in the office and I fell asleep while waiting for him to call up and confirm. he he he

He had me listen to a lot of stuff, re-introducing me to the pop scene, as well as those non-mainstream finds, and had me read on 2 blogsites that cater to tv shows and the UK music scene -- popjustice.com and televisionwithoutpity.com. I forget most of the names of those musicmakers we listened to. It was all a breeze really. I remember Rez, who kinda sounds like a funkier Erykah Badu, Danni Minogue (Kylie's Oz sister) and her "Into the Groove" dance remix, ex-Steps Lisa Scott Lee, All Saints' Shaznay Lewis, Aurora, an alternative to Dido or Bjork, Girls Aloud and Bellefire (need I say more about these girly groups?), that transvestite duo in the Eurovision contest, that new replacement to Steps, Ace of Base's new album unreleased in the Philippines, the talented Madonna of Japan, Ayumi Hamasaki, Emma Bunton's new album also unreleased here, Tuesday Vargas (*gasp* *cough* *pant*) .... among a bevy from his sprawling collection.

After snacking with his rentals, we proceeded to watch recordings of Tyra's show America's Next Top Model, and 2 recordings of QEFTSG (Queer Eye for the Straight Guy). Sheesh... I never knew what the hrrrrnnnnk hell I was missing! hahahaha It's such a drag not having cable tv at home and now I'm starting to hate my free dial-up simply because I can only access it at night. And it's freakin' SLOW (Chemical Brothers remix a al QEFTSG OST). The other night, I was able to download Season 1 episode 10 featuring the 40-something married guy having his family over with a potential date. It was interesting how the fab five (the way they're called in the website) just picked everything up and threw everything away! Maybe I should do the same to my room if and when I have the money to squander. Just yesterday though, I started ransacking my drawers (cabinet drawers that is...) and picked out clothes I've never worn in years. I took out those ill-fitting pleated pants and misleading size L (like ludicrous) polo shirts that are actually size S (as in shit) for me and threw them all on the bed for disposal. Maybe I can have them consigned to a UK-UK store or something. LOL If my soon-to-be-lawyer friend is earning from refurbished used bags, why can't I sell pseudo-refurbished clothes? ha ha ha Honestly, there were some clothes I've NEVER used. Around 4 or 5 articles I think. A pity really.

In ABS' house, we were able to watch the QEFTSG episodes about the stage musical guy wanting a push in his career. They did a great job with his little apartment. Then the other was about this scruffy-looking guy in gasoline station uniform wanting to find the perfect time to propose to his Polish lolita girlfriend of 5 years. They made his room into this fabulous "boom-boom" retro lounge. Funtastastick! My eyes welled-up when I saw his girlfriend's reaction to his proposal by the staircase behind Caroline's standup comic bar. She was soooo happy. Awwww.... sniff sniff

I rode the cab home. He toured me around Manila, that jerk. I told him to go straight ahead but he turned right and brought me somewhere unfamiliar so I didn't have much to contribute regarding directions. I could've used up a whole vial of pepperspray on his face if I had one.

Last night I planned to download another episode of QEFTSG but after sorting out clothes the whole afternoon, compounded by post-dinner carb loading, I fell asleep at 10pm after talking to my nursing classmate Twee-tay. She was asking for help about her Ethics homework regarding homosexuality, which I now realize, has been the topic of coin the past 2 days. She said she needed help with her English so I told her a simple trick would be to write the essay in Filipino first, and then transliterate. She said she was nearly done, just having trouble rewording her sentences to make them sound correct. They were given 2 questions: 1) Are you sure about your sexuality? and 2) What are your opinions regarding homosexuality? I told her the first question was rather "bent" on suggesting homosexuals aren't sure of their sexuality. To influence her into the proper politically & culturally sensitive way of thinking, I asked her the same questions and asked her how our good friend Btrfly would answer these. That kinda gave her something to think about. Bwahahaha-ha-ha

Thank god I'm not in that school anymore. Just helping her out with her assignment gave me a headache on how professors still miseducate their students unintentionally. I will not have survived Nursing school even if they gave me a million for a make-over. The problem lies with the educational system, not anything else. My problem, on the other hand, is I can't be put anywhere that makes me complain too much. I will never be quiet.



The next issue of Prescriptive Pile will be talking more of this....heaven forbid...



0 Comments:

發佈留言

<< Home