星期一, 2月 23, 2004

Memory-Resident

As you all know, my computer's been invaded by electronic binary memory-resident elements and has suffered an infarction. As I checked with my friend's virus scanner, I had hidden system files in my temporary folders that accumulated and clogged my computer (like artheriosclerosis of circuitry), rendering all of my .exe files unusable. Since his original McAfee doesn't have the latest virus definitions, we have yet to determine the major disease spread in all of my files. Luckily, I've made back-ups already and we reformatted the harddisk to clean it up. However, I can't reinstall anything yet until I get an up-to-date version and scan my back-ups to make sure they're not infected. It's pretty annoying since I've come up with loads of ideas for a story I'd like to write (stories, actually). SO now, I'm here in an internet shop again with other thesis-enslaved students typing away like a madman to fill the unforgiving minutes that remind me I haven't eaten dinner yet.

I'll be purchasing the software maybe tomorrow or the day after and hopefully I can get the computer running by the end of the week. What really pisses me off is the fact that I'll have to re-install all the device drivers and software again, like starting from square one. Whatever. The computer is my life and if I have to resuscitate it (like mine) I will.

0 Comments:

發佈留言

<< Home