星期日, 2月 15, 2004

StarbUCKS

I went to Greenbelt today with my good friend just to check out the sights of Valentine's Day. Nothing much, but infinitely better than last night! If only I lived near the place I'd definitely hangout more often. But as it is, I'm short of cash but in dire need of distraction. A cup of brewed coffee from Figaro (with matching heart-shaped cookie) and a little talking did the trick. The coffee wasn't good though. My dad makes a better blend. I haven't gotten to asking him what his secret ingredients are but I'm pretty sure we can make a killing if we put up a coffee shop. He cooks fantastic Chinese food too!

On the topic of coffees, I just wanted to say S tarbUCKS coffee SUCKS. Their house blends are soooo bland and diluted and cost so much! Their fraps are way too sweet and their bagels taste like cardboard. I once ordered an onion bagel and when I tried to take a bite from it, the thing crumbled. It was like munching on styrofoam. Frozen bagels from the mall taste much better, in fact. The only thing that keeps the shop's name famous is the cozy atmosphere and air-conditioning. The service is commendable too, I suppose. People go to Starbucks to get comfy seats and talk over coffee while listening to good blues music. The thing is, why pay for crappy coffee when you can get whole or nonfat milk for free?? Hahahahaha That's an old trick in the book.

Going to Greenbelt, I took the train (which is 3 bucks more expensive now) to Buendia and then rode the bus to Ayala. That trip alone cost me P24. I walked all the way from 6750 building to Greenbelt and met up with my friend. The coffee I got from Figaro was P45. Conversation was free, and so were the i-candies. We saw model Luke Jickain, who is a friend of my friend. I saw my call center trainers, and my cousin Aman (who's a painter) and his best buddy who both watched Haunted Mansion. We stayed near the automatic doors till around 11:30pm. My friend was awfully sleepy 'coz he woke up at 6am to work out. I actually didn't want to go home yet, but I figured it'll be easier to commute if we leave earlier. I rode an FX (P25) and got off in Dapitan. Walked all the way home. The stars were bright tonight. I could just imagine how Puerto Galera would be in a matter of 7 days.

So all in all, I spent 94 pesos tonight. Not bad, considering I splurged the night before. O god .... just get through March and I'll be able to start applying for a job already. I can't wait to check on my ATM :)

0 Comments:

發佈留言

<< Home