星期四, 2月 12, 2004

Unbirthday Party

I cannot say much for the sudden turn or events in my life. It's not extrinsically drastic as one might observe as there are no plans for any announcement. The changes have occurred almost overnight where a group of friends, including myself, decided to meet up to celebrate the 10th day after my birthday, an Alice in Wonderland sort of unbirthday celebration, if I must define it. Like all good parties, pizza (Yellow Cab) was a staple last night and since most of us are penniless, it was but natural for us to imagine crystale in paper cups. I promised my good fellows not to spoil the night by talking about my problems and to just enjoy the prepared cuisine on our table with a few puffs of smoke now and then to maintain a light feeling ... but the course of conversation inevitably takes the path of entropy most of the time, hence since I was the post-birthday celebrant, it was my turn for truth-or-dare: for them to tell me the brutal truth, and that I would dare take the path less traveled (yet again) and face all the hardships with the genuine hopes of a cornucopic reward if I delayed my gratification.

You have to agree with me when I say that "the road not taken" sucks. Not only is it strangely wrought with undergrowth and potentially-lethal creatures, it's unsure and full of possibility for failure. Sometime ago I had wished that my goals were that of most people -- to get a good job, one in the field of business, communication, medicine, or accountancy. Not that these jobs are easy or simple, it's just that, well, a lot of people have taken this path and so to become a follower of this trodden road would mean less uncertainty. Lesser uncertainty would mean a higher probability of success. And of course, success should mean happiness for most people. However, being born a creative person with a penchant for sacrilegious writing and quasi-Tarantino humor, I found taking the regular path too boring. To deal with the pain means to sever my limbs and become totally crippled. My trainee friend pointed out to me that my biggest flaw is that I over-analyze opportunities by thinking of the worst-case scenario for each of the options I have, and then deciding not to choose from any of those available choices, thus making me become quadriplegic in the process. The thing is, I thank her for having pointed this out to me at the first quarter of my life. I feel blessed at being given aufklarung (Gr. enlightenment).

My life has been a wearing-a-shoe-till-it-fits kinda song since yesterday. Now it's more like ..... "It's My Life" remade by No Doubt.

0 Comments:

發佈留言

<< Home