星期四, 4月 29, 2004

Memories cannot fill an empty stomach

For the first time in my life I learned stuff about my father I never knew before. He had so many interesting stories like in the movie Joy Luck Club, things you learn about your parents now that you're at an age of maturity. You feel like you're an adult, and in my case, I felt like he was pressed for time as his health has at an obvious gradual decline due to diabetes and heavy smoking. It's sad really, and if there was a way for me to collect his stories like he collected his antiques, to salvage what he's amassed over the years in a financially viable way, I would, but I fear that my other family members would never understand the value of these things, as I know he feels I don't understand the value of these things either. My mother and sisters would probably sell everything thinking it's all useless junk, not because they don't appreciate it's value, but because there's the inevitable need for survival that no sentiment can overcome.

0 Comments:

發佈留言

<< Home