星期五, 12月 17, 2004

The Edge of Reason

My old busmate invited me to watch a movie in a nearby mall, a pleasant segue for the real reason he wanted to go there -- to have his bluetooth fixed. We met at the train station and he told me how much thinner I am now. I told him, "It came with a price. I lost a friend because of this."

The repair shop was closed because the employees had a company-wide Christmas party that day. We went on to watch Bridget Jones 2. It was simply hilarious in some parts, but like what other people have told me, and to which I had agreed, the first one was still better. Jacinda Barrett was effortlessly beautiful.

Rather than become a good distraction, the movie reminded me of what it was I had been escaping from. My friend had similar concerns.

We sat down for coffee at Seattle's after I bought a new pack of lights: It had officially become an addiction for me, smoking. I let him rant about his long distance relationship. It was ok for me, seeing as how I'm soooo used to hearing personal issues. It's not a bad thing really, just as long as I don't over-empathize. I mean, I'm a very good listener it's therapeutic for most.

At 5pm, I was already sleepy. We went home and I instantly fell asleep on the bed sheets.


This is fast becoming a compensation mechanism.


0 Comments:

發佈留言

<< Home